Today I am going to share several methods to clean a fridge. You can use household items to clean your fridge or freezer. Users can even clean smelly fridge. You can clean Cake, Salad, Commercial fridge and freezer.
How to Clean a Fridge – Clean using Household Items
It is never easy to clean a fridge, Acquiring any product is somewhat done with ease but, the main concern comes in maintaining that product. Here, we are going to deal with the ways to clean a fridge, highlighting all types of fridges we generally come across. Users can use household items to clean a fridge.
How to Clean Stainless Steel Fridge
Stainless steel fridge has been admired by most Australian households because these fridges are resistant to corrosion and are durable. These are not reactive to acids and chemicals that come along with the food stored in the fridge. Here, we have discussed the easy ways to clean a stainless steel fridges which you can use to even clean all types of hospitality equipment.
- Use of warm water and dish detergent: The simple way to clean a stainless steel fridge is to wipe the surface with a soft cloth that is dipped in warm water containing mild dish detergent. Then, use a towel to dry the surface to alleviate the risk of water spots.
- Use of Baking Soda and Warm Water: To get rid of dirt and grease due to the food stored in the fridge, take the help of baking soda and warm water. Rub the surface gently by making a paste of baking soda and warm water with the help of a soft cloth or sponge. Then, wipe the surface and use a towel to dry to avoid water spots.
- Stainless Steel Cleaner: In case of scratches and stains on the fridge surface, you can apply stainless steel cleaner and by following the instructions mentioned in the cleaner, use it on the required area. Then, wipe the surface with a clean cloth and use a towel to dry to avoid water spots.
Read more: Best Portable Fridge Freezer to Buy
How to Clean Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel Fridge
The biggest concern among people using stainless steel fridges is fingerprints, which get easily on the fridge surface. This generally occurs while normally touching the surface or with stains or dirt and grease, etc. Users can clean a fridge fingerprints easily by following anyone of the method.
- Use of dish soap and mineral oil or baby oil: To avoid compliant fingerprints on the fridge surface, take the help of dish soap and baby oil or mineral oil. Firstly, wipe the area with the dish soap. Using a towel, dry the surface, and after that, apply baby oil or mineral oil to polish the surface and maintaining the shine of your stainless steel fridge. This method is also helpful to clean and maintain the polish of the stainless steel fridge.
- Use of Glass Cleaner: To avoid fingerprints that are excess stubborn on the fridge surface, wipe the surface by spraying a glass cleaner with the help of a soft cloth.
- Use of Club Soda: You can use club soda to get rid of fingerprints and also cleaning and maintaining the shine of your stainless steel fridge.
Read more: How to Transport a Fridge
How to Clean Stainless Steel Fridge Door
It’s very easy to clean stainless steel fridge door by using household things. You can remove all type of strain on your door. You can even remove any sticker mark from the from door of your fridge.
- Use of white vinegar and olive oil: You can use white vinegar and olive oil to further enhance the result. Use white vinegar on the door, either spray directly or with the help of a microfiber cloth. After a moment, wipe out the surface with the help of a clean cloth. Henceforth, use some olive oil with the help of a towel to polish the door. This helps to maintain the shine of your stainless steel fridge door.
Note: You can apply white vinegar more than one time till the stains, fingerprints, dirt, or grease comes out.
- Use of Lemon Oil Furniture Polish: Apply a small portion of lemon oil furniture polish and rub the surface of your stainless steel fridge and its door. Make sure to use a microfiber cloth for cleaning the surface and door and avoid applying it directly onto the surface.
- Use of Flour Sack, Bon Ami, and Wax Paper: To clean the surface and door of your stainless steel fridge, you can use a flour sack, Bon Ami, and wax paper. Firstly, sprinkle Bon Ami on the door after moistening it. Now, rub the door with a soft flour sack in a circular direction. After drying the surface, use wax paper to clean the waxy side and also polish the door. This way is helpful to overall clean and maintains the shine of your fridge.
Read more: What Temperature Should my Fridge Be
How to Clean a Smelly Fridge
Stinky fridges are not liked by anyone as this probably suppresses the overall quality and taste of the food stored in that smelly fridges. Fridges generally leave a foul odor when foods having an intense smell are stored, say meats, milk, etc. People using commercial meat marinator should especially take good precautions to avoid that stinky smell in their fridges which may compromise the meat quality.
- Clean your fridge at regular intervals: Make sure to give your fridge a nice clean for proper maintenance and minimizing foul odors.
- Use Baking Soda: In a bow, fill baking soda and keep it in your fridge on one side. Baking soda helps to reduce the stinky odor from your fridge.
- Use of Air-Tight Containers: Make sure to store your foods, especially cooked food, in air-tight containers to avoid spreading their odor. Also, it is advised not to keep the food for more than 2-3 days.
- Use of lemon: You can use lemon or citrus acids to freshen your fridge and avoid foul smells. You can either place slices of lemon in your fridge or use the cotton cloth dipped in lemon juice citrus acid to clean a fridge.
- Ensure the Ideal Temperature of your Fridge: Your fridge temperature plays an important role in overall functioning and maintenance. If the fridge temperature is not appropriate, it can also lead to a foul smell in your fridge. The ideal temperature of the fridge should be between 4 and 5 degrees (37-40 degrees Fahrenheit), and for the freezer, the range is between -18 and -17 degrees (0-4 degrees Fahrenheit).
How to Clean a Commercial Fridge
Commercial Fridge users should ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of the fridge because they have to deal with a massive quantity of food every day, including foods that could leave stains, dirt, grease, etc. This issue is also faced in commercial freezer.
- Proper cleaning of the commercial fridge: Make sure to clean the interior and exterior of your commercial fridge consistently for enhancing proper usage and maintenance.
- Check the Condenser Coil, Air Filters, and Evaporator Coil: Make sure to clean the condenser coil, air filters, and evaporator coil of the commercial fridge routinely for proper functioning and maintenance of the fridge.
- Clean the Door Gaskets: Ensure proper cleaning of door gaskets which is essential in the case of commercial fridges.
- Look at the draining area and refrigeration unit: Have a proper cleaning of the draining pans and tubes of the commercial fridges and also the refrigeration unit to maximize proper utility and maintenance. Also, ensure to keep the commercial fridge dry after cleaning.
How to Clean a Cake Display Fridge
The general issue with Cake Display Fridge is that sweet products such as cakes, pastries, etc displayed in it often make the surface sticky and greasy.
- Use of hot towel: Make sure to clean the cake display fridge with a hot towel and also ensures the missed corners that are left out in routine cleanings. The overall cleaning will ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the cake display fridge.
- Use of alcohol: Using a clean cloth dipped in alcohol ensures better cleaning of the cake display fridge.
How to Clean a Salad Bar Fridge
Salad Bar Fridge has been a great asset in the commercial industry as it comes with an easy-to-use design and functions. However, one issue that people using it generally comes across is that the juices of the ingredients kept in it make the surface dirt and greasy and sometimes sticky too.
- The best way to maintain the salad bar fridge is to keep the food items in organized and air-tight containers. This way ensures to clean a fridge with no foul smell.
- You can use mild dish detergents to clean the surfaces. For dirt and greasy surface, opt for the baking soda option or chemicals specialized in dirt and grease.
- If the salad bar fridge comes with a glass, clean the glass using glass cleaner spray instead of using just water as only water may leave behind water spots.
How to Clean Under Bench Fridge
Many Australian households and commercial kitchens now have Under bench fridge that is convenient and occupies limited space. So they also expect to clean a fridge easier as compared to other types of fridge in the market.
- You can opt for cleaning with dish detergents or cleaners to clean the under-bench fridge surfaces having stains dirt marks.
- You can also opt for hot towels in routine to clean a fridge.
How to Clean a Bench Top Fridge
- To clean a Benchtop fridge, you can use mild dish detergents and water to clean a fridge. It will also work to remove compliant grease, dirt, and stains on the fridge.
- To get rid of stubborn stains, apply cleaners available in the market for better cleaning and maintenance of the benchtop fridge.
Now, maintaining your fridge isn’t a big deal for you by following the instructions we have discussed on clean a fridge. However, make sure to read and check whether the fridge is friendly to the chemicals you will be going to use so that it won’t damage the appliance. People also include commercial dishwasher to clean the plates and trays of the fridge than traditional cleaning methods for faster, easy, and efficient cleaning.